Some interesting links for the month:
- Dan Brown’s new book came out, but unlike before, this time I just added it to the end of a long reading list. In lieu, this interview.
- A niche link, ignore if the names “Wagner” and “Neuschwanstein” mean nothing to you.
- The dystopian vision of BladeRunner (2049).
- A very creative re-interpretation of Simon and Garfunkel’s Sound of Silence
- Running a restaurant is not an easy business.
- About the state of things in Venezuela (long, depressing)
- Another niche link, ignore if the city of “Ur” means nothing to you.
- A reminder about the role of physical pain in our shared daily experience, until the recent past.
- Will leave the title here: Have smartphones destroyed a generation?
- Xkcd on poetry! (cool)
- Niche link, only relevant if you care about a meandering take on the last century.
- Since I’ve only now started watching “Stranger Things” (yeah, I watch everything late these days, I’m now okay with that), a couple of links to recent New Yorker articles on on (1) Dungeons and Dragons, and (2) how Lovecraft endures.