Some interesting links from the last month:
- “Adam’s Calendar”: could be the world’s oldest megalithic site (so, what’s not to like?)
- An interesting intersection of H. P. Lovecraft and J. G. Ballard
- A nostalgic look at the decline of malls in America
- Stephen Hawking weighs in on recent trends, calling for a change in our attitudes towards wealth
- This article at Truthdig summarizes a bunch of recent hand-wringing about the future of the Democratic Party
- This is the the “niche interest” item: something about the original “Scorpion King”
- This is actually an old book review, but meh … I loved reading Moby Dick.
- Some random arty stuff: a bunch of handwritten cards with interesting titles; also, artists engaging with technology
- Universal Basic Income might not turn out to be the panacea that people hope it can be
- Kirkus Reviews goes over some Speculative Fiction classics.