Big highlight: Tara’s cousins were visiting.
We went to San Francisco over a weekend, then drove further up north to a small beach town near Bodega Bay (my second good AirBnB experience; slightly less skeptical now than I was a year or so ago).
- Put the first thousand or so miles on the new car
- The rest was the usual fun hangouts for us these days: Happy Hollows in San Jose, Magical Bridges Playground in Palo Alto, etc.
- Continued on a nominal 3-day workout schedule, we’ll see how it goes.
- House of Cards (season 5); meh, but had to watch it just to “tick that box” … reality surpassed this particular fiction some time ago.
- War Machine (2017); very funny in the beginning, had me laughing out loud, but by the end I understood why the humor was necessary … without that, it would be just another tragic documentary.
- Midnight in Paris (2011); never gets old.
- Reality is not what it seems (Carlo Rovelli); finally someone who might match Feynman in both breadth and readability.