In no particular order:
- This is the month I discovered ASMR (I’ll let you look that up)
- Finally saw “Inside Out“: people still come up with incredibly original ideas (anthropomorphic emotions, thoughts, memories — the pieces fit together very well, and I enjoyed every minute of it)
- I’ll mention an interesting YouTube video: The Web that Wasn’t
- Fooled around with amateur art on my old iPad (not as much as I’d like!)
- Stuff to listen on repeat: Koyaanisqatsi (by Philip Glass, the first in his trilogy, roughly as old as I am)
- Movie scenes I had forgotten, but discovered on YouTube: They Live (the sunglasses!), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (the three tasks).
- I installed this amazing Google Chrome extension that shows a nice piece of art for every new tab you open. Highly recommend. At the top of this post is something that showed up while browsing today.
The big highlight for last month was our trip to Hawaii for a week. I was quite nervous about her in the plane and so on, but things were way better than I thought. We were staying in Kihei, and managed to spend time at Lahaina and Paia. Great food, happy baby, good times.
The small highlight is that I started an experiment to see if I can change my eating habits a bit, to restrict breakfast and snacks to fruits etc, and lunch to salad etc. Yes, it is every bit as terrible as it sounds right now, but I’m going to give it at least a month.
In other news, Tara climbed up the staircase yesterday, which was both surprising and frightening.